3/2/11

REFERRAL!!

We absolutely fell in love today....

At 11:31 a.m. our lives changed forever and our hearts are overflowing.

These are the details:

I had decided to take the afternoon off work and I was on my way home when my phone rang. The number came up "Unknown" on my cell phone, so I had no idea that this was going to be THE CALL. When I answered, I heard the sweet voice of our coordinator saying, "Krista -- this is Kim from Bethany and I have a little boy I want to talk to you about."

That's right -- WE HAVE A LITTLE BOY!!

I instantly just melted. I had tears running down my face, so I pulled over as Kim proceeded to tell me details about our son. I did my best to take it all in, but I honestly just got his age, weight, length, and what orphanage he's in...and that's all I could handle. I think Kim knew I wasn't getting most of what she was saying because she said, "Why don't I just email this all to you, and you can call me when you're ready to discuss it." Great Idea!

So, as I sat on the side of the road praising God for this remarkable gift, barely able to see through my tears, all I wanted to do was tell Mike. This was not "over-the-phone" information, so I decided to drive back to work and get to his desk to tell him in person. He obviously knew I was emotional as soon as he saw me, and all I could get out of my mouth was "Ki..Ki...Ki...Kim called". We went into a conference room, and I just lost it. We both did -- it was amazing. We prayed for our son and thanked God for blessing us with this news at such an unexpected time.

We immediately left work and drove home to review his information. I can't even explain how it felt to see his picture for the first time. He's beautiful. Absolutely perfect. We love him more than words and we can't wait to bring him home!

Here are the stats on Little Boy "B":

Age - 5 months
Weight - 14 lbs
Length - 26"

My favorite comment on his assessment is "He likes to giggle and play with his toes" ....seriously how adorable is that?!?!?

We legally are not able to share his picture until after we pass court, but you can take our word for it that he's absolute perfection with a round little face and big brown eyes. Now, we have lots of paperwork to complete to formally accept his referral and then we wait to be submitted to court. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!! We would appreciate if you will continue to pray with us for our Little Guy's health and for everyone who's taking care of him right now as he gains a little weight. We'll keep everyone updated as we hear more.

God is so good!

3 comments:

  1. Yes!!! praise God! oh krista & mike, we are so happy for you & baby b!! i had tears in my eyes when a little birdie told me saturday!! congratulations!! so happy for your family. we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for you! I get goosebumps every time I think about it! I can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just SOOOO EXCITED for the three of you. We just pray that God would have his hand of protection over baby "B" until he is home with his mom and dad! We love you and couldn't be any happier!

    Psalm 84:11 (New King James Version)

    "For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
    The LORD will give grace and glory;
    No good thing will He withhold
    From those who walk uprightly."

    ReplyDelete